Your Ultimate Guide to Create a Bootstrap CRUD Admin Dashboard
PHP CRUD Generator is an easy-to-use graphic web application with two main parts:
- PHP CRUD generator, which analyzes your MySQL database and allows you to build your admin panel with a very simple and convenient user panel.
- The administration panel, a complete administration system with Bootstrap, jQuery, PHP, and MySQL, which allows you to manage your content from your database. PHP CRUD Generator provides you with powerful administration tools for all types of projects: e-commerce websites, portfolios, products and data management, as well as the presentation of all types of data.
The official website offers a CRUD tutorial page, where you can find guides to get started quickly.
PHP CRUD Generator builds the Bootstrap Control Panel for your website from your MYSQL database using a simple and user-friendly user interface.
This CRUD PHP system will save you a lot of time and allow you to build a complete and powerful Bootstrap jQuery administration panel with just a few clicks into your MySQL database.
PHP CRUD Generator is for any website owner or web administrator using a MySQL database. It is not essential to know how to code, it is a graphical application with a user interface.
PHP CRUD Generator (PHPCG) is a pure PHP application and allows you to create your Bootstrap 4 administrator dashboard using an online user interface.
The system intelligently analyzes the database structure and detects tables, field types and properties, and all types of relationships.
The interface includes three tabs: READ build list, CREATE or UPDATE forms, DELETE forms.
In each tab, it is sufficient for the user to choose his options and preferences, then validate to create his administration panel.
Among other essential features:
- Built entirely with Bootstrap 4 + jQuery
- Authentication module for the administration panel
- Intelligent validation in the field
- User and profile management with advanced management of individual rights
- Built-in and configurable jQuery plug-ins: File Downloader, Date and Time Selectors, TinyMce.
- The visual organization of the navigation bar.
Bootstrap is a very popular front-end framework for developing websites and web applications. Bootstrap can help you quickly and easily create responsive and mobile-focused websites. Similarly, PHP is a very popular server-side scripting language, used to create dynamic websites that rely on interactions with database systems such as MySQL. In this tutorial, I will create a functional PHP dashboard template with Bootstrap 4.
For the purposes of this tutorial, I assume you have a PHP application installed on a web server. My configuration is:
- PHP 7.1
- Bootstrap 4
In order not to be distracted by server-related issues, I decided to host my application on the phpcrudgenerator.com PHP hosting platform because I have a highly optimized hosting stack and no management issues server. You can try phpcrudgenerator.com by signing up for an account.
About local and productive processes:
The folder “generator” is only needed to create and edit your bootstrap admin panel. If you are using a local server + a remote server (“production server”):
You can either: Use the local generator to create your admin panel, then upload the admin and “conf” folders to your remote server.
Create the admin panel directly from your production server.
If you do not use a local server:
The generator folder is needed on your server.
- Upload the required folders to your server as described in the “Package Structure” section.
- Open the installer – install / index.php – in your browser.
If you are using a local server + a remote server, you must run the installer on both. For more information, see the Installation / Registration section.
You must enter your database connection settings for the localhost or production server, as well as basic general information.
- Now you can use the CRUD generator to create your admin panel. Open the generator – generator / generator.php – in your browser.
Create the Admin Dashboard UI:
I used the free Bootstrap 4 admin template available on PHP CRUD Generator Gulp on Github. The template contains a well-written code and all the appropriate components for the purposes of this tutorial. The model has a neat, elegant and simple design. However, I try to customize the model to make it unique for my application.
Create and update forms (CRUD CREATE / UPDATE):
- Forms built with PHP Form Builder, renowned for its robustness and reliability.
- All types of fields.
- Automatic integration of the best jQuery plugins to improve the user experience (custom selection and radio, rich text editor, file loader, selectors).
- Drop-down lists with intelligent and customizable content.
- Download files or images with crop or resize and customizable thumbnail generation.
- Automatic validation according to the 3type of customizable data.
- Simple and efficient layout – possibility to group fields in 2 and 3 columns.
The admin panel template contains a number of forms, including registration and signup. For validation purposes, I simply use HTML5 validation and custom PHP validation.
The Bootstrap Admin Panel:
- Bootstrap Admin Panel structure, files and logic
- How to change the Bootstrap admin panel logo & the main title?
- How to customize the Bootstrap admin panel CSS?
- Organize & customize the Bootstrap Admin Navbar
- How to translate dates & times in the Bootstrap admin panel?
- Add links to custom pages in the Bootstrap admin sidebar
- How to customize the Bootstrap admin Data tables? (READ lists)
- How to see the SQL SELECT query sent to build my READ list?
- How to customize the Bootstrap Admin forms?
- How to to pre-filter a Bootstrap Admin READ list?