uTorrent Download: The Most Convenient Beginner’s Guide
µTorrent or uTorrent is a tool developed by BitTorrent that allows you to share or download torrent files. A torrent file is nothing but a file that preserves metadata to facilitate peer-to-peer file sharing protocol. This protocol refers to as BitTorrent that assists in the distribution of data and files over the internet.
Moreover, BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files like digital HD video files with the help of internet. uTorrent supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Android Operating System. Further, the uTorrent server is compatible with Linux as well.
Therefore, unless you are aware of the process of uTorrent download, you can’t utilize the excellent features of this superb software.
Benefits uTorrent Offers
- µTorrent is available easily and allows you to choose the file you would prefer to download.
- It facilitates remote download on multiple devices and offers the maximum download speed that direct downloads can never provide you.
- µTorrent is a portable, highly developed, most popular, widely used, and easy-to-use BitTorrent’s client-server.
- It is available in 52 languages approximately and is 300 KiloBytes in size.
- It is compatible with all the Windows versions and offers you a user-friendly interface.
- Your downloads might pause if your device accidentally shuts down due to power shortage or any other reasons. As soon as you turn on your device, uTorrent resumes the download from the point where the downloads were paused.
- If you do not have an unlimited internet connection, then you can schedule your downloads with the help of uTorrent as well.
- Furthermore, you can create a torrent file and share your downloads with others living in distant parts of this world.
- uTorrent allows you to download the same file from several locations at the same time.
Drawbacks Of uTorrent
- uTorrent is a bandwidth sucker even if you download files to your PC instead of uploading them on the internet.
- You can download copyrighted contents for free which is treated as activity against law in many countries and might be a punishable offense.
Process To Use Magnet Links With uTorrent
Magnet links protect torrent files against corrupted or dummy files on the behalf of BitTorrent hosts and users. Hence, you won’t have to assign specific names to the downloaded BitTorrent files. Magnet URI is another name for magnet links. You can copy, paste, and send the magnet link to another person for downloading the required BitTorrent file. As a result, magnet links make the download, and sharing of BitTorrent files easier.
Besides this, you can use a plain text link and download your favorite content by u Torrent. Once you have magnet links, you will no longer require to download a ‘.torrent’ file for downloading a torrent.
Follow the steps discussed below to use magnet links with uTorrent.
- Before moving forward, ensure that your BitTorrent client i.e, uTorrent is associated with magnet links. Otherwise, it won’t let you use magnet links with uTorrent.
- Locate the magnet torrent file and open a web browser on your device.
- For instance, if you are using Chrome, then right-click on the little magnet icon.
- Launch uTorrent on your device and click on the ‘Add Torrent from URL’ link.
- Copy and paste the magnetic link in the required filed and hit ‘Enter.’
- The download of uTorrent starts on your device and wait until the process is completed.
If you are unable to use magnet links with uTorrent by the above steps, then follow the steps given below:
- If you are a Windows user, then tap the Windows logo key, type ‘regedit’ in the search field and press ‘Enter.’
- As the Registry Editor opens, navigate to Navigate to ‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command\ ‘ location. Whereas, on Windows 8 follow the ‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Classes\Magnet’ link.
- Now, search for uTorrent that might have a custom location as well.
- Then, navigate to the ‘C:\Users\[your_user_name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data’ folder and close Chrome browser.
- Use Notepad or Wordpad to edit the ‘Local State’ file and then use the ‘Hit Ctrl+F’ combination. In case you don’t have this entry, then create it and set its value to ‘False’ to look for magnets.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to apply the changes and exit the file.
uTorrent Download Or uTorrent Free Download On Windows And Mac
Follow the instruction given below for uTorrent download for free.
Visit The uTorrent Website
After downloading and installing uTorrent on your device, double-click on the uTorrent icon to begin downloading movies using this application. It is advisable to use supported web browsers such as Microsoft edge, Google Chrome or Firefox. Type ‘torrents’ in the search address of your web browser and search for the torrent website.
Search For A Movie
After visiting the torrent website, type your preferred movie name in the Search bar and press ‘Enter.’ You will get a list of search results for the movie you are looking for. While downloading torrent, make sure that the number in the ‘Seed’ column on the right side of the page is equal to or higher than the number in the ‘Leech’ column. Check whether the file name, category and other details of the file mentioned in the title match with the information you are looking for.
Check Quality And Review The Feedback
720p is the minimum quality for downloading files on uTorrent. However, 1080p is the ideal quality for downloading those files that are within the range of DVD quality. Quickly go through the comments to ensure that the torrent site is safe. A good torrent site will have more positive reviews than negative ones.
Download The Torrent File
Click on the ‘Download’ button on the torrent site to download the preferred movie. It is very much essential to ensure that the download link matches the format and style of the torrent site you are using. Otherwise, false ads on the torrent site might redirect you to another site.
You may also visit: DNS not responding error
Access the Torrent File
When the torrent file is downloaded, double-click on it to open it in uTorrent. Alternatively, you can drag the torrent file directly into uTorrent to start downloading a movie. Specify the download location and wait for the file to download.
You will find ‘Seeding’ appearing at the right of the torrent’s name once the download is over. The word ‘Seeding’ specifies that you are sharing the data for the movie file you have downloaded with others. So that they can download the same movie easily.
uTorrent Free Download On Android
- Go to Google play store and search for uTorrent in the search bar.
- Select Torrent downloader from the drop-down menu to access the uTorrent app page.
- Then, tap the ‘Install’ button and then the ‘Accept’ button to begin the download.
- When the download is complete, you will get a button labeled ‘Open’ at the place of the ‘Install‘ button.
- Click on the ‘open’ button and search for the stuff you would like to have on your device.
Hope you have followed the article and downloaded uTorrent successfully on your device. Now, enjoy your favorite stuff.