Top 7 Common Online Error Codes And The Meaning Of It
Sometimes when you enter a webpage, then you might encounter an HTTP error message. These messages are sent from the web servers, which means there is something wrong with the website. Sometimes it can occur due to a mistake you made, otherwise, it is the internal server fault of the site you are using. Well, you can encounter a number of errors while trying to invoke in a web page. Here is a list of top 7 common online error code you can encounter and the meaning of them. So, let’s start with the topic.
400 Bad File Request Error
400 Bad File Request Error is one of the most common server error you can encounter while trying to access a web page. You can encounter this due to several reasons.
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this error. For instance-
- If you type in a bad URL.
- Once you are Trying to access a Web page that is not open to the general public without a password.
- You can also encounter this error if you type in the wrong information for the URL, i.e., a forward slash rather than a backward slash as part of the Web address.
You can also try to fix this issue using several steps mentioned below.
- At first, try to check the URL carefully and try to type it again.
- If this process does not work, then try to navigate to the main part of the site.
- Now, search and find the page which you are looking for.
- If the site cannot offer any relevant site search option. In that case, you can use Google to search the site for the page you are looking for.
Now focus on the next one.
403 Forbidden Error
This is another frustrating error message which can occur when a user searches or tries to access a web page which needs some special credentials like a username, registration or password, etc.
Well, you might think that this error means that the page does not exist, but it is not true. In reality, you are facing this error because the page is not available for public access. For example, if you want to access a website of an University which shows results, then you have to enter the correct username or password provided by the university otherwise, you won’t be able to open the site.
404 File Not Found
Well, this is the most common as well as frustrating error which occurs when the web server cannot find the site you are requesting. Well, this error can occur due to several reasons.
They are listed below.
You can encounter this error due to several reasons. For instance-
- First of all, if the web page, you are requesting, has been moved in another place without a forwarding address.
- If the Web page has been deleted or removed then also you can encounter this error.
- If you have entered an incorrect URL into the browser address bar, then also you can get this error.
- Otherwise, if the website is temporarily disabled or unavailable due to a high web traffic or lack of server space, then you can encounter this error as well.
There are more than one fixes which you can use. They are listed below.
At first, place a double-click in the web address to make sure that, you have entered it correctly.
If you have entered the correct one but, you also encounter 404 File Not Found message, go to the home page and backtrack the URL.
In that case, go to “widget.com” instead of “widget.com/green”, and use this site search to discover the page you are looking for. If you cannot find the search result using this website, then try to use the google.
503 Service Unavailable
This 503 Service Unavilable error can also encounter this error due to several reasons. They are listed below.
- It can happen that, your website is unable to connect with its host server, hosting service or getting too much web traffic or pursuing maintenance work.
- If the network connection you are trying to use, has been lost or is interrupted.
- If you have typed the URL of the website incorrectly, then you can encounter this error as well.
To fix this issue you can also try to do several things as follows:
- At first, try to check the internet connection you are using.
- After that, make sure that you have entered the correct Web address in the address bar.
- Now, refresh the Web site in your browser, you will be able to fix this issue.
- If the site come across much traffic then try to access it via Google cache command, you will be able to see the Window.
Network Connection Refused
This is another common error you can encounter whenever you are trying to access a website. This error generally occurs when the website you want to access, come across a lot of unexpected traffic or if the website is accessible for registered users only or if the site is under maintenance.
In this case, you can see a message showing in the active Window as ”network connection refused by the server” or “network connection timed out.”
Well, this is the most unexpected error you can encounter while trying to access a site. But, this is a temporary situation and you can fix it by refreshing the web browser you are using, otherwise, you can also try to visit the site later or you can also check that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
Unable to Locate Host
This is another unexpected error you can encounter while trying to access a website. You can come across this error due to several reasons. For instance-
- Once your website is unable to connect with its host server or getting too much web traffic or pursuing maintenance work, then you can encounter this error.
- If the network connection, you are trying to use has been lost or get interrupted.
- Otherwise, you have typed the URL of the website incorrectly then you can encounter this error as well.
To fix this temporary situation, you can perform several situations as follows:
- Check and make sure that, you have entered your URL correctly in the address bar.
- You can also try to hit the refresh button to overcome this issue.
- If the previous tip won’t work then try to check the network connection and open the site again.
Well, in some cases, when this error occurs then you can see a message showing as “unable to locate network, or unable to locate the address”.
This Host unavailable error generally occurs when the site unable to connect with its server. In some cases, when this error occurs then you can come across an error message showing domain unavailable, network unavailable, or address unavailable. Due to more than one reason, you can encounter this error, For instance-
- You can face this error if the website come across heavy web traffic.
- If they are performing maintenance with the site.
- Otherwise, the site is taken down unexpectedly. As a result, you are getting this error.
To fix this issue, you can perform several process to fix this error.
- When you come across with this error, then try to hit on the refresh button.
- If the error persists, then try to clear your cookies.
- Otherwise, try to visit their website later.
Well, in some cases, when this error occurs then you can see a message showing as “unable to locate network, or unable to locate the address”. Hopefully, the article will help you to guide through the different facts of the error.