Know How To Fix Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start The Repair Service Error: A Complete Guide
Majority of the Windows users face Windows Resource issues. It happens when you are attempting to run certain services used to repair your PC like SFC (System File Scanner). It refrains you from repairing those errors on the computer. Henceforth, you need to pay extra attention and try to fix this issue using any of the methods enlisted below. Windows cannot function properly if the Windows Resource Protection (WRP) is missing. This is not an unusual problem. SFC tool helps in scanning as well as fixing the corruptions in Windows systems file. Therefore, in this article, we will enumerate all the effective methods pertaining to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error.
Why does it happen?
The first thing you need to know before moving ahead with the effective fix is why this issue occurs. Most of the Windows users are familiar with the Windows Modules Installer. Windows Resource Protection (WRP) files, as well as registry keys, are easily accessible.
You will run the SFC tool in order to restore the damaged WRP Resources. At that moment, if the Windows Modules Installer is disabled, then the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair process.
Know the Effective Fixes to Resolve Windows Resource Protection Could not Start the Repair Service Error
You need to follow the below methods to fix windows resource protection could not start the repair service error issue.
Fix 1: Start Windows Installer Service
Windows Modules Installer helps in installation, modification as well as erasing Windows components. Since it has full control over Windows Resource Protection files, you need to execute it properly.
- You need to open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key as well as the R key at the same time. After that, enter services.msc without quotation marks and press OK.
- Pinpoint the Windows Installer Service. Now, tap on it and then choose Properties.
- You need to ensure the options present below Startup type present in the Windows Store Services Properties tab is set to Automatic.
- If the service stops, you can open it easily by pressing the start button.
Below message is encountered when you click on Start.
Also read: How to open magnet links
“Windows could not start the Windows Installer Service on Local Computer. Error 1709”. Just follow the below instruction to overcome this issue:
- First, you need to follow the above steps from 1-3.
- Next. hover on to the Log On tab and press Browse button.
- Enter the computer’s name present under the Enter the Object Name to select the tab. After that, press Check Names and wait patiently till it becomes authenticated.
- Tap OK when you finish the process. Then, provide the administrator password in the password box when you receive the popup.
Fix 2: Update Windows PC
Windows 10 updates take place on a periodic basis and in most cases, automatic update option is default enabled. You can easily examine this. You just need to move Settings. Then, move to Update & Security. After that, click on Update and then you need to check for the updates.
However, if you observe that Windows is not updated properly, go through the below instructions to fix windows resource protection could not start the repair service error.
- First, hold the Windows key. After that, click on X if you wish to open this special context menu. Moreover, you have the provision to right-click on the Start menu. Next. you need to select Windows Powershell.
- Enter ‘cmd’ in the Powershell console tab. Then, wait for the Powershell in order to transform into the cmd-like environment.
- You need to enter the following command in the cmd console. After that, you need to ensure that you tap Enter.
- This command will run for one hour. Then, you need to examine whether any updates were found or installed properly.
Fix 3: Incorporating a Missing Registry
You need to back up the registry to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error. Therefore, follow the below instructions:
- Move to the folder and examine the subfolder which will look like 6.1.7600.16385.
- Next, move to C>>Windows>>WinSxS folder and search for the folder whose name starts with the following
x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_( TrustedInstaller ID) ( 32bit Windows)
amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_(TrustedInstaller ID) (64bit Windows).
- Then, you need to copy the names of these folders and place them in the text file.
- After that, move to the following registry key. Then, press Component Based Servicing present on the left-hand side. Next, press on the Permissions tab.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Component Based Servicing.
- Moreover, press on Advanced option after the window opens. Move to Owner tab. Then, press Administrators entry under the Change owner tab. After that, press on Apply to make the changes.
- Then, you have to make an exit from this window as well as from the Advanced Settings window. Now, press Administrators present under the Group or user name tab available in the Permissions window.
- Then, press on full control and then Apply the saved changes.
- Next, move to the following registry key. Next, right-click on the right-hand side and select New Key. You should name this version:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Component Based Servicing.
- Make an Expandable String Value in the version key. Then, set the TrustedInstaller ID. Next, you need to copy from the region where you have kept it earlier. Moreover, press Expendable String Value and select the Modify option.
- The value you entered must be the full path to the folder from the WinSxS. Eventually, examine whether the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 4: Running Offline Scan
This solution to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error has helped people and this process is highly recommended by Microsoft Engineers. Therefore, it’s very difficult to run if you are facing issues with the SFC scan while running.
You need to look for Command Prompt. After that, you need to right click on it. Then, choose the “Run as Administrator” option. Furthermore, you need to copy and paste the following command. After that, hit Enter.
When you receive the message which signifies a successful scan, then the problem is solved. If the same issue persists, search for other fixes mentioned in this content.
Fix 5: Renaming a File
Renaming is very crucial. However, there are some situations where you need to install all the pending updates on your computer before you move ahead. This is owing to the fact, file contains various information about the present state of the computer. If you rename this, you can install this properly.
- Move to the C windows. From there, navigate to the windows option. Then, press WinSxS and pinpoint a file named as pending.xml. Then, right-click on it and select the Rename option.
- After that, you need to rename this to pending.xml and examine whether the problem is fixed or not. If not fixed, please ensure to regress the necessary changes to the file.
To Sum it up
As a whole, this informative content will act as an effective user guide to fix Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service error. We have given all the effective steps on the basis of the user’s point of view. Therefore, while going forward, you will not face any major issue after following this user guide. Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick glance.