Know 7 Best Free FTP Server Software And Their Installation Process With Technical Guide
FTP enables the facility of transferring files from one device to another over internet. Moreover, it gives a secure platform to control the entire file processing and handling steps effectively. Here, we are going to talk about the best FTP Server for Windows as well as free FTP Servers for other Operating Systems. So, keep reading.
FileZilla is an open source remote FTP server that is available for completely free in Windows OS. Moreover, it can administer the local server and operate the Timeout Settings of network connections. By using this free FTP Server, you can decide the number of servers for connections, and utilize the CPU threads effectively.
Besides this, it gives the facility to adjust the socket buffer size as well as control the bandwidth and data transfer rate. Furthermore, passive mode FTP with some security features help to login successfully. At the same time, bookmark facility is available here for the future use. Similarly, it prevents the illegal access of reading/writing for the unauthorized people.
Xlight is a Windows FTP Server that includes tons of settings that helps to create a virtual server and it supports both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows platform. It provides the facility to enable the security features and modify the server port as well as IP address. Moreover, it controls the bandwidth usage for the entire server and maintains the email notifications through ODBC, LDAP authentication.
Xlight starts to execute the programs after completing the file upload and downloading process. Besides this, you can set the maximum idle time users so that server congestion can be controlled effectively. Again, it uses the SSL scheme to protect the business files from an unauthorized access.
This is one of the best FTP Server Windows that works on both the protocols FTP and FTPS. This platform with full graphical user interface is easily accessible. Its graceful representation and easy installation make it preferable among the users.
Moreover, you can modify the data by a single tap. You get opportunity to prevent the unlimited access at the same time and control the anonymous logins. Furthermore, it supports the encrypted features and avoid the data hacking like dangerous problems.
Core FTP Server
Core FTP server is popular among the users for its portability and easy as well as fast setup process. If you have basic computer knowledge, then handling this FTP server is not a big deal for you. You can avail this free FTP Server as an auto-start service as well as in manual servicing process.
Similarly, you can add multiple accounts with detailed access permissions, restrictions, etc. It provides the users with a simple interface that supports active directory.
Rebex Tiny SFTP Server
This free FTP Server can handle the Windows file with a high security. The maximum advantage you can avail from this FTP scheme is no setup require to transfer a file. Moreover, it protects the users privacy as well as control the entire file processing system by its lightweight process.
The other best free FTP Servers that are helpful to enhance the security level, only support the Linux environment. However, to avail the most high-security file server within a private network, the following free FTP Servers are ideal.
This Linux-based FTP Server claims high security along with stability by its extraordinary performance. It supports the multi-tasking OS, such as the Ubuntu, Fedora, and other similar Operating Systems. Moreover, the users can throttle the bandwidth and enable the connection encryption over SSL scheme. It supports manually operated IP configuration, IPV6, and gives you a user-friendly platform.
It supports Linux environment effectively and can be used in stand-alone system. It allows an easy command line user interface with hidden directories and can run in IPV6 platform. Moreover, it supports the addon modules and provides a more secure data transfer platform.
How Do I Setup A Free FTP Server?
There are certain steps to setup a free Windows FTP Server. You can try out the steps below and establish a hassle-free file server connection within a few seconds.
How To Install FTP In Windows 10
- Press Windows + X key from the keyboard together and open the Power User menu.
- Choose the Programs and Features among the group of items.
- Click on the Turn Windows features on or off and enable it.
- Expand the option Internet Information Services and verify the FTP Server option.
- Enable the FTP Extensibility option under the FTP Server.
- Next, Confirm that the Web Management Tools are selected and when done, tap on the OK button to start the FTP installation process. It will take several minutes. Click Close to exit the active window.
- Open the Control Panel window and then expand the Administrative Tools.
- Double-click on the Internet Service Manager and choose the Connections pane.
- Expand and right-click on the Sites under this section and tap on the Add FTP.
- Now, enter a new FTP Site and define a path which you use to transfer the files.
- Click on Next and set No SSL as the SSL option by keeping rest of all remain unchanged.
- Tap Next and check the Basic option under the Authentication tab.
- In the Authorization section, select the Specified users from the drop-down list. Here, you need to add an email address to allow for accessing the FTP server.
- Enable the option Read and Write. When done, click Finish to complete the setup and configure process.
Allow FTP Through Firewall
- Press Windows key and type Windows Firewall in the search box. Now, hit the Enter key to open the Firewall Settings window.
- Tap the Allow an App or Feature through Firewall named authentic link.
- Click on the Change Settings button and choose the FTP Server.
- Make sure that FTP Server is configured for both the public and private network.
- Finally, click on the OK button and try to access the files through FTP Server.
Wrapping It Up
In the above article, we have talked about the free FTP Servers both for Windows platform and other Operating Systems. Moreover, we have analysed the steps to setup a smooth connection between the FTP Client and Server without any trouble effectively.