Having Printer Problems In Windows 10? Tips And Tricks To Overcome It
The Windows Operating System by Microsoft Corporation is the most widely used computer OS in the world. And, Windows 10 is the latest and the greatest one from that lineup.
As for the reasons for such popularity, there can be many different ones. But there are certain features which the users prefer a lot more than the other ones. One of the main ones among them is the ease with which you will be able to use printers.
No matter what you want to print from that, you can do it with absolute ease. From plain black and white documents, all the way to posters. You can get it all.
But, the fact is that you can face problems with this every once in a while. Especially, if you have been using this for a long time.
So, are you currently having printer problems in Windows 10? Then, I have some tips and tricks for you. Just read along.
A Brief Discussion on the Windows 10 Printer Problems
If you are facing any problem of this sort, then let me assure you that you do not have to worry at all. You will be able to fix this issue all by yourself. And, you don’t have to go and get tech support from the get-go.
In this article, we have provided all the solutions for such an issue. With this information, you are going to find it very easy to fix any such printer problem. Let us go ahead and take a look at the different kinds of errors you might face.
- To start with, any physical damage to your printer can cause a whole host of issues. The seriousness of that issue is going to vary.
- Then, there is the issue of accumulation of dirt and dust in the printer spooler files.
- If you do not have the latest Printer Driver, then also you might face printer issues in Windows 10.
- Finally, if you have not connected to the correct printer, then you are positively going to get problems.
Well, these are the main issue that you are going to face. So, now let us have a look into the solutions for this issue.
How to Fix Printer Problems in Windows 10
In this section of the article, we have laid out the solutions for all the printer problems in Windows 10. So, without any further ado, let us take a look at it all.
Use the Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is among the most useful things that is there in Windows 10. If you are facing printer issues, then you can use this to fix that. Here is how –
- From a web browser, look for the Troubleshooter from Microsoft program. Download it and then you are going to come across a control window.
- On that window, look for the Printer option and then click on it. After that, click on the Next option.
- From here, the Windows Troubleshooter is going to start looking for issues with the printer.
- After it has identified what the exact issue is, it is going to give you the fix for it.
- Now, click on the Apply this fix option and the troubleshooter is going to take over from there.
Wait till the process is complete, and then check if you are still having the issue with the printer.
Select the Printer Again
Just selecting your printer to line up the print job can fix printer problems in many cases. So, here are the steps you need to follow for that –
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the I key at the same time. This is going to open up the Windows Settings dialogue box.
- In that dialogue box, look for the Devices section and click on it. After that, click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Now, look for the printer that you use and next to it, click on the Remove Device option.
- Take out the plug of the printer from the power source after this and plug it back in again.
- Go to that window once again and look for the Add printer or scanner option. It is going to look for your printer and once you find it, click on it.
Thus, you will be able to fix problems with your printer in Windows 10.
Reset the Spooler Files of the Printer
This is also another very viable solution to printer problems in Windows 10. In order to carry out the process, here are all the steps you are going to need –
- From the Start Menu of Windows 10, look for the Services option. Choose that and then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- From the list of services that are there, search with the alphabet P to get to the Print Spooler option.
- On that option, right-click and from the dropdown list that comes up select the Stop option.
- Look for the taskbar and in it, type in %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and press the Enter key after that.
- Select all the files on that window and delete all of that.
- Once again, go to the Services list and right-click on the Print Spooler option. From the dropdown list, choose the Start option.
This is going to fix any printer problem that you might have.
Update the Device Drivers
The issue with device drivers is common to all the different problems that you might face in Windows 10.
So, you will have to get all the latest updates and here is the process for that –
- Open up the Start Menu and after that, look for the Device Manager option.
- After you find it, click on it and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, in the window that is going to come up, choose the Printers option to the left. This will open up the dropdown list with all the printer names in them.
- Look for the printer you use from that list and once you find it, right click on it.
- From the drop-down list that comes from there, click on the Update Driver Software option.
- To look for the updates, click on the option that is there to look for the available updates.
Now, wait till the search for the updates is over and once you find the update files. Click on them to initiate the process of update.
So, these are the solutions you are going to need to fix printer problems in Windows 10.