Fix The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable Printer Error With Ultimate Troubleshooting Steps
Unfortunately, errors and problems are quite regular with the Windows 10 Operating System. These problems may pop up without any prior notice or indication.
So, as it occurs, users don’t know what to do. One such error is “The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable Printer Error”.
This kind of error normally occurs when you try to connect your printer for the first time. However, there can be other reasons for this error code to occur. If you are currently facing such error on your Win
ows system, then don’t worry.
Fortunately, I have come up with some fixes that you can perform in the comfort of your home. So, you can now proceed to the next section of the article.
Relevant Causes that Leads to such Error Messages
For effective resolution, it’s better to have some knowledge about the causes before you perform the solutions.
Hence, have a good look at the causes listed here:
- The corrupted or outdated Printer Driver is a reason for the error.
- If the Printer Driver is incompatible with the Windows 10 system, it can be a reason for the issue.
- Issues with the faulty printer components can also lead to this error message.
These are the causes of the error message to show up. After knowing the causes, it’s time to learn the fixes for the error. Thus, move to the next section.
Effective Ways to Fix the Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable Printer Error
In order to get the best solution easily, you need to perform every single step. So, here, I will explain the best fixes for the printer error message. To continue, go through the section below:
Fix 1: Change the Printer Spooler Settings
The Printer Spooler Service is responsible for the communication between the printer and the system. If there is an issue with the Printer Spooler Settings, then the problem can occur.
So, you can change the Printer Spooler settings:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time. This will invoke the Run box.
- Here, type “services.msc” and then press the Enter key.
- As the Windows Services window opens, find and right-click on the Printer Spooler Service entry.
- Now, choose the Start option and then again double-click on the service entry.
- Once the Printer Spooler Properties window opens, set its Startup type to Automatic.
- Then, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Finally, try to connect your printer to check if the error message is removed or not.
Fix 2: Use the Windows Registry Editor
The Windows Registry Editor can also be used for fixing the incorrect registry files of the printer. In order to do so, you can take the help of the steps:
- Just like in the previous fix, open the Run box.
- Inside the Run box, type “regedit” and then hit the Enter key.
- Click the Yes button when prompted by the User Account Control.
- Inside the Windows Registry Editor window, navigate to the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion.
- Now, right-click on the Device option under the CurrentVersion section.
- Then, click on the Permissions option. Click on your account and then tick on the Allow box of Full Control.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
You can also do the same to give your account the Full Control of PrinterPorts. Once you have done that, check if the printer connects or not.
However, if the error message still displays then perform the next fix.
Fix 3: Add your Printer Manually
Here, you can check if the system added the printer to the device list or not. If not, then you have to manually add the printer. So, the procedure to follow is given as follows:
- Again, open the Run box. You can use the steps given in the previous method to do so.
- Type “control” and then click on the OK button.
- As the Control Panel window opens, set the View By type to Large Icons.
- Now, search and click on the Device and Printers option.
- Under the Printers category, see if your printer is present in the list.
- If present, double-click on it to check if it is connected or not.
- If not present, click on the Add a Printer option. After that, choose your printer from the list.
- Save the changes and then close the window.
At last, check if you still encounter the error message or not.
Fix 4: Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter Tool
Running the in-built Windows Troubleshooter tool is the most direct way to fix this problem. If you don’t know the steps to run this tool, then I will help out you out:
- Go to the Start menu and then type “Troubleshoot” in the search bar.
- From the results, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, locate the Printer option from the list of Troubleshooting options.
- On finding it, click on it to expand that section.
- Now, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button to start the process.
- Wait for the process to finish and then try to check for the error message.
After following the steps above, I hope that you will be able to fix the error. However, if you encounter the printer error message, then follow the last resort.
Fix 5: Update the Printer Driver
In the final resort, you update the Printer Driver. Updating the Printer Driver can help you to fix the error message. Accordingly, the steps that will help you are as follows:
- First of all, navigate to the printer manufacturer’s official website and download its latest driver.
- Now, open the Run box and then type “devmgmt.msc”. Hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- In the window, navigate to the Print Queues section and then expand it.
- Select your printer and then right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Update Driver option.
- After that, select the second option: “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Navigate to the location to choose the downloaded driver file.
- Then, click on Next to finish the update process.
Also visit: How To Fix Canonical Issues In A Website
Restart the system and then check for the error message.
To wrap up, these are the fixes that you can easily follow to get rid of the error message. Hence, try to perform all the fixes for the best resolution.