Avast 2019 on Windows 10: Resolve All Sorts of Compatibility Problems
Avast 2019 is a widely used security software which is popular for its sensitive data shield and webcam shield features that provide full-internet security.
Besides its extraordinary web security and system protective nature, device compatibility issues raise critical errors in Windows 10. Some of the most common ones are Avast startup error, update issues, and back screen error, etc.
It degrades the performance of the PC if you ignore this issue. Therefore, once you encounter this compatibility issue in your Windows 10 PC, it is important to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Here, in this post, you will get to know various explicit ways to overcome this technical hassle.
Fix the Avast Compatibility Issues with a Few Effective Tips:
Some of the most efficient ways to fix the Avast compatibility error are cited below.
In the following section, you will get to know the problems as well as the solutions that you can try to overcome this annoying issue. However, resolving this problem will also enhance the longevity of the PC.
Avast Won’t Start
The process described below will help you to remove the Avast compatibility issues effectively. Perform these steps and fix the Avast startup error accordingly.
- Press the Windows button and type “control” in the Cortana search box. Then, launch the Control Panel window by tapping on it.
- After that, tap on the Programs and Features icon from the Control Panel window.
- Select Uninstall a program/app from the resultant page.
- Right-click on the Avast Software installer and other associated files from the list.
- Then, select Repair from the pop-up menu and the process will identify the erroneous part.
- Once the process is done, try to reboot the system in Normal Mode.
Avast Software Recognition Issue
By executing simple commands, you can fix this annoying Avast software recognition problem easily. Take a look below, apply the steps and avoid this issue confidently.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and right-click on the Command Prompt option.
- Now, verify the Admin account by entering the account credentials.
- After verification, type “winmgmt/verifyrepository” and press the Enter key.
- Next, run the commands “winmgmt/resetrepository” and “winmgmt/salvagerepository” respectively.
- The entire process will take several minutes to complete the Reset process.
- When done, reset the system and overcome the Avast compatibility error effectively.
Avast Antivirus Update Error
If the device compatibility prevents to run the Avast security software, then the following fixes will help you to overcome those technical flaws immediately.
Process 1: Perform a Clean Boot
Generally, the junk files create the update issues. If this is the problem, then you can perform a clean boot to avoid the problem.
- Type “System configuration” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Services window.
- Now, click on the Services tab and enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Then, turn off the services by tapping on the Disable All button.
- After that, click on the Startup tab and choose the Open Task Manager option.
- Choose all the items and disable the background running applications.
- Finally, close the Task Manager window and test whether the Avast is working properly or not.
Process 2: Disable the Firewall
Strong firewall settings treat the trusted websites as the unreliable resources and then you might get stuck with the Avast incompatibility issue.
- Open the Control Panel window and click on the System and Security icon.
- Then, tap on the Windows Firewall menu in the right-panel of the window.
- After that, disable the Firewall Protection by moving the slider to the OFF position.
- At last, close the Control Panel window and restart the PC to verify whether Avast shows the compatibility issues or not.
Process 3: Update the System OS
To mitigate the device compatibility issue, it is necessary to update the system by installing the latest version of the Operating System.
- Open the Windows Update and Security window from the Settings app.
- Now, click on the Windows Update from the left panel of the window and click on the Check for Update button.
- After getting approval, the PC will run the update program and wait until the entire process is done.
- Once done, try to scam the system by Avast and remove the malware attack effectively.
To overcome the black screen issue and the BSOD error, follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Avast icon from the Taskbar and open the Avast interface on the display.
- After that, click on the Settings tab from the left panel of the window.
- Now, go to the Exclusions and add “C:WindowsExplorer.exe.” Then include another address “C:WindowsImmerseControlPanelSystemSettings.exe” to the respective fields.
- Restart the Windows and try to scan the system with the Avast to verify whether the same issue still persists or not.
Cortana Not Functioning Issue
Cortana search box malfunction issue is another problem that is often caused after installing Avast software. Therefore, start the Windows in Safe Mode to fix the problem.
- Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “MSConfig” in the text box and press the OK button.
- Go to the Boot option from the System Configuration window and enable the Safe Boot option.
- After that, confirm the process and reboot the system in Safe Mode.
- Now, check whether the OS is working properly or not. If it is fine, then reboot the system in regular mode.
- Finally, launch the Avast interface and verify the Start menu and Cortana both is functioning or not.
In this article, we have focused on the technical ways to fix the Avast compatibility issues and problems effectively. In addition to that, we have also discussed the basic symptoms behind this critical error with significant reasons.
Hope that this article has helped you to avoid the problem. Bit if it fails for some reason, then without any second thought consult with a technical expert for further help.