3 Tips for a Smoother Running Business
a business that runs like a well-oiled piece of machinery is something which is envied by a surprising number of businesses but is actually well within reach for all of us.
For the most part, it could only take just a few small tweaks. However, for others, it may take considerably more. If you are thinking about starting a business, there are a few things which you may want to set in motion right from the start as it is easier to do some things from the off than try to introduce them while you are up and running, with a full order book and feeling like you have lost control.
#1 Staff training
Training your members of staff and, just as importantly, keeping their training up to date can be one of the easiest things to do theoretically. However, if this is something you have introduced along the way, you may be struggling to keep on track or not bothering to keep that training up to date.
Industry and business are moving ever rapidly as time goes on, and any training which has happened can be very quickly outdated. By being on top of your training rota, you will be keeping your staff at the top of your chosen industry. It will give your staff confidence within themselves, give your customers confidence with your products and services, as well as help your company run a lot smoother.
#2 Keep your website updated
By keeping your website updated, running smoothly, and user-friendly, you are helping your potential customers find your business and use your website easily. By keeping your information updated, you are aiding your SEO.
Having an effective SEO strategy is essential in this day and age when everything is researched, and most things are purchased via the web. If you feel that you have little understanding of the way SEO works or feel that you are spending too much of your own time on it and not getting good enough results, it may be time to hire the services of a professional SEO company such as www.prontomarketing.com.
#3 Follow the 5S rule
Regardless of whether it is just you running your business on your own or you have a whole team of people around you supporting you on a daily basis, following the 5S rule can help in the running of your business.
In basic terms, the 5S rule is as follows:
- Sort – remove all unnecessary items and clutter from the working area. This will help stop distractions and procrastination.
- Set in order – organize all workstations, make sure that all tools and equipment required are close to hand, and have their own place. If this creates clutter, install drawers or have special areas where these items are kept when not in use.
- Shine – keep all areas tidy and clean. This creates a good and healthy working environment, as well as keeping your workers happy.
- Standardize – set up working procedures for every job and make sure that the procedures are followed. This will save time for your workers, and procedures will become habit-forming, making each stage quicker, will cut down on the number of mistakes being made, and will therefore create a more relaxed working environment for all.
- Sustain – performing all the above on a regular basis and making sure that it all runs smoothly will have positive repercussions throughout your business. Everybody will know what is expected of them and work will be carried out in an orderly fashion.
Many businesses are already following the 5S rule and reaping the benefits of this system. It is a system that is flexible enough to work in any industry or business.